5.01.2009

we've gotta talk

Friends, I don't know whats going on in our house, but its been quite fishy lately. Mom and dad keep talking about changes going on... things are going to be different, blah, blah. Now if they mean in the quantity of my milkbones in take, that's good. I have been deprived and don't get enough. (don't worry, PETA does not need to be informed) But we had the craziest conversation the other day.

Dad: Rom, I need you to listen to me. I have something very important to tell you.

Rom: (walking away while dad is talking)

Dad: Romulus, come here. Sit down, we need to talk.

Rom: (turns around and stands in Mitchell's face)

Dad: Things are going to change around the house and you are going to need to take care of things. Mom is going to have a baby soon.

Rom: (turns face to look away)

Dad: Look at me Romulus. This means you aren't going to be the only child anymore.

Rom: (places paw on Mitchell's lap)

Dad: You are going to have to take extra care of mom and the house. And... you probably can't jump on the bed anymore. The baby could be there with us!

Rom: (takes paw of Mitchell's lab, walks away in disgust)

Dad: Romulus, I mean it. You are going to have to take some sacrifices but I know you will be a good dog. Can you be a good dog?

Rom: (leaves the room)

No comments: