7.24.2009

13

13 days in paradise really is enough. Although I am sad to leave Kaua'i I am ready to get home. To my own house, my bed, and my dog.

What will I remember the most about Kaua'i?

One day in the sun is enough to last me the entire trip here. I hope you can recognize me when I get back. 

The local ladies don't shave. 

The locals don't really shower that much either for that matter. 

When it rains it pours. Literally. We've been stuck inside for the past 2 days. 

You can't haggle the flea market owners here like you can in Mexico. Or in the grocery store either. (Mitchell asked for free groceries yesterday since we had been everyday sine we first arrived. They didn't go for it.) 

If you think you are immune to getting sea sick just because you never have been before - you're wrong. Yes, I showed about 30 people how much me and my stomach didn't like the boat ride. (Note to self: no more fish sandwiches.) 

It is beautiful here. Absolutely amazing. God knew what He was doing when He created Hawaii. But so is West Texas. And I can't wait to be back there! 


No comments: