4.28.2008

life made easier.

The phrase above are words I life by. And I can't even imagine how much more complicated my life could get. But I have a home, a husband, and a very large dog. Both of whom shed. (I love you hunny!)

I have found a magazine that doesn't make me feel sleezy (like cosmo) and a bit selfish (or instyle, for spending all of my hunny's money). Real Simple.



This magazine is the epitome of its title. Its is beautifully and cleanly designed, free of clutter and disorder. There aren't annoying articles and blaring titles. And there are actually amazingly great style tips. This magazine is the Great Divide of Blue Bell. Uncomplicated and stunning flavors free of imperfections.

My favorite part of this magazine is the snip-its throughout from readers. Glorified reviews if you will on a certain product. But what's fabulous is they will tell you that Jill is from Seattle, she wears pink socks to bed and.... blah blah blah. They tell you cool little things about the reader. I like reading those little snip-its.

The last page of the magazine is a "meet a Real Simple reader." article. Great questions, great answers. And life at its best. Below is my own real life questionnaire. Feel free to copy and paste:

Amanda Renee Etter | age 26 | marketing director | married, with an amazing husband | Abilene

WHAT ARE YOU REALLY GOOD AT?
Cleaning and giving great advice. Is that weird? I am a bit OCD. Oh, that and LOVING my husband.

WHAT'S THE QUALITY YOU LEAST LIKE IN OTHERS?
Negativity, if everyone just tried to be happy or positive this world truly be a better place.

SIMPLEST PLEASURE?
Talking with my husband.

WHAT'S SOMETHING THAT NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT YOU?
I am afraid of the dark!

WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE MOTTO?
Just keep swimming.

WHAT'S THE ONE THING YOU'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND?
Why people are unwilling to sacrifice for one another.

SOMEONE SHOULD INVENT...
I don't know, but will you come bathe my dog for free?

1 comment:

katy said...

real simple. my favorite magazine for years now. it's always kept it's standards high and articles fresh. love it.