9.09.2008

psalm 23

Last night at dinner Mitchell and I were discussing the course of our day as usual. As I am chomping away at my salad which wasn't very yummy (sorry Outback your new Spinach Cobb salad wasn't a hit... I know my Cobb salads) Mitchell was discussing the whoa's of working with middle schoolers and his daily stresses. I admit I wasn't completely paying attention as the next conversation ensues.

My Music Man (completely serious): "Throughout the day I have found that I start quoting scripture."

Me: "Oh, that's nice hunny."

*more picking of the salad continues*

Music Man: "Everyday. While my students are driving me crazy I quote Psalm 23. 'The Lord is my Shepherd I shall not want...'"

*Mitchell continues to recite Psalm 23*

Me: "So you only resort to scripture because your student drive you crazy, not because you find comfort in it?"

Music Man: "Even I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil..."

*I start to laugh... histerically*

Music Man: "No, really. That is my favorite scripture."

Me: "Well, I am glad. And I am glad you are quoting scripture through the day."

Music Man: "... and I will dwell in the house of The Lord forever."

No comments: