12.09.2008

i want a hippo for christmas

I love Christmas! This is my favorite time of year and I wish it would last ALL year long! The smells, decorations, food... everything is so wonderful.

To top this time of year off I am a total Christmas nerd. I play Christmas music around the clock, am always wearing my Reindeer socks (those are my favorite) and can't wait to decorate the house. The Hippo song is my favorite, and if you haven't heard it You Tube it right now. Gayla Peevey sings it.

Since we are fairly newly weds we don't just have a plethora of decorations, but what we do have I LOVE! I meant to post pictures today of our house decorated but I left the camera at home, so that will have to wait until tomorrow. We even have lights up on the house! The love shack looks SPECTACULAR! Oh, and we have this massive tree that mom gave us. Thanks Moonchie!

I couldn't wait to decorate the love shack this year (we didn't get to decorate last year). A year ago this past weekend we moved into and purchased our first home, 918 Meander Street. (side note, we officially became parents a year ago this past weekend when we adopted Romulus! This is our first family picture!) We have officially been home owners for 1 year. Can you believe it? We certainly can't! The most amazing, blessed feeling in the entire world is to come home every day to a house that has our name on it. A home that we worked for and bought all by ourselves. Yes, I know that was the corniest statement I could have possibly said. But it is SO true.

God has so richly blessed us and we are so grateful to Him and His Son!

No comments: