1.20.2009

happy birthday, richard!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, little brother! Ricky, my brother celebrated his 26th birthday on Sunday. I feel so horrible about not posting this earlier. Ricky is one of my best friends and I only wish we lived closer to each other. I can't stand not being able to see him and my sister everyday.

Like a brother and sister should be we were protective of each other and the people we dated (or I was protective of him - I never dated). I always wondered in high school why he didn't have more girlfriends. Turns out all my girlfriends had crushes on Richard!

I was spoiled when we came to Hardin-Simmons together (as was my mother), hanging out all the time except for classes and athletic practices. We had practically all the same friends and when we moved off campus to an apartment we lived right next door to each other.

I was such a nerd and introvert when we first came to school. I would have Ricky meet me outside the cafeteria doors when we would go to dinner so I wouldn't have to go inside by myself. He was so good to me and always met me! And when I went to nationals in Houston with the Spurs, Ricky and I still didn't have a car here in Abilene so he found a ride all the way to Houston and road back with us in our vans. He was the only guy. The girls didn't mind, because he was our biggest cheerleader and they loved Richard. He loved them because they all cheered for him at his football games.

These are just a few of the reasons I love my little brother Richard and why I am so incredibly blessed to have him in my life! I thank you, Father everyday for him and my family!

Love you, Ricky! Happy, happy birthday!!!

No comments: