7.05.2011

who are we? SPURS!

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. He chose to give us birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of firstfruits of all he created."
James 1:17-18

i am so excited to announce i am the new director of the Hardin-Simmons University SPURS Dance Team. (yea!)

i accepted the position last week and wanted to scream it from the mountain tops, but had to wait until this week. i am so blessed to be a part of the HSU staff family again, and to be apart of the team that meant so much to me while i was in college.

while on the dance team, we competed for a national title.

i met my hunky Cowboy Band husband during Spurs and CBB practice during football season.

my best friends cheered along side the Spurs on the sidelines. (side note, that good friend Katie is the HSU cheerleading coach!)

i am also following in the footsteps of my dear friend Kimberely. without her i would be aimless in this journey.

before deciding to apply, during the applicaiton process, and while waiting for a decision i prayed the first chapter of James over and over again asking God for His wisdon, will, and for peace about the position. i wanted this not only to be a perfect for my family, but for the young ladies i would be coaching.

He answered my prayers not just with the offer of the job, but by giving me a true peace about whatever decision came my way. i truly and whole-heartedly leaned on my Heavenly Father, and my friends who were a wonderful support system to me. i took me out of the prayers and the decision and it was clear about what i needed to do.

what was also a HUGE factor in this decision was being able to commit to my first job, being a stay at home mom. Owen is after all my little boss, but he is my first committment and most important one next to his father. my family comes first in every decision i make - that is why this was not about me, but about them. i will be able to coach the team and keep my number one priority, my son.

friends, i ask you to continue to pray for me, my family, and the young ladies i will be coaching. pray that in all we do, we bring Glory and Honor to the most high Jesus Christ and to our heavenly Father.

if that is all that i do day in and day out with this position, i will have been successful beyond measure.



1 comment:

Jamie, Diana, J'Lee, Jaxon, and Jett said...

SOOO excited to see your face on campus again! And we will work together some during basketball. NO, dont worry you won't see me in black spandex and attempting dance moves but i will visit some with you about half time stuff!

Loved ya!